PIPES PLUMBING EDMONTON
5 Quick Tips to Fix Common Pipes and Plumbing Issues in Edmonton
Pipe leaks, frozen water pipes, and clogged drains are commonly found pipes and plumbing problems in Edmonton. Here are some tips about what to do when you discover and pipes or plumbing problem in your Edmonton home, and what you can do to prevent the problems from happening again:
1. Frozen Water Pipes: We all know that frozen water pipes can cause big problems. When you discover that the water in a pipe has frozen, you may be able to prevent catastrophe by closing the main water supply valve and carefully using hot water on the pipe to thaw the water inside. To prevent this type of problem in future, ensure that your pipes are well insulated.
2. Drippy Faucets: If you have a drippy faucet, it is usually a quick fix. Either a rubber washer or a cartridge may have simply worn out and can be replaced quickly. Just close the major valve feeding the leaky faucet and check the fixture closely to find the worn out part. If you do not find any problems with the faucet parts, you may need to contact a professional plumber to diagnose a more serious issue.
3. Burst Pipes: If you find that your pipes have burst, as the result of corrosion or because they have frozen, this is obviously a situation that needs immediate attention. The first thing to do though is to turn off the main water supply to your home to prevent flooding. Then a pipe and plumbing professional in Edmonton can diagnose the problem and address immediate repairs.
4. Gas Pipe Leaks: Gas leaks are deadly. If you have a gas leak in your home, evacuate immediately, shut off your main source of gas to your home, and call for emergency help after you have evacuated. Don’t use your phone in a building that is filling with gas fumes. Hire a licensed professional to make repairs before turning the gas back on to your home.
5. Clogged Toilets: If you find that you cannot unclog your toilet by using a plunger, and you think that some foreign object may have been flushed down the toilet and is causing a problem, you may need to contact your plumber to diagnose the situation.